AHHS COLLEGE CENTER
Your ONE-STOP-SHOP for ALL Things College!!!
The College Center ...
- Is located inside the Counseling & Guidance Offices at AHHS;
- Provides many "no appointment necessary"
opportunities to have the College Admissions Counselor answer questions
about Naviance, college admissions, scholarships, financial aid and
college campus visits. Please click on these links to learn more:
- Has college, military and career reading materials for students to use, and additional materials are housed in the high school Mary B. Carver Library;
equipped with computers for students to utilize and receive help with
researching colleges/universities, the military and assistance with
their applications, scholarships and financial aid;
- Is in charge of college field trips and coordinating annual college fairs:
a. NACCAP "Back to School" College Fair - Monday, September 26th from 11:40 AM - 1:00 PM Main Building
b. TACRAO Fall College Fair - Monday, October 24th from 11:40 AM - 1:00 PM Main Building
c. NACAC/TACAC Spring College Fair - TBD Main Building
Alamo Heights High School and the Alamo Heights School Board established the College Center in 2008 in an effort to assist students and their families with the college
admissions and research process. Students and parents may access the Naviance College Family Connection program to begin and continue their career and college admissions needs
throughout their high school career. AHHS students and parents may
click on this link to automatically log into: Naviance;
Dr. Linda Vargas-Lew, the AHHS College Admissions Counselor, with the assistance of the four guidance counselors (Ms. Cole, Ms. Lopez, Mrs. Pedroza and Mrs. Smith), will schedule college related presentations throughout the school year to assist students and their parents.
She looks forward to helping you with your college goals!
College Center Hours
The College Center is available to students and parents during the AHHS school day and year.
Click link to view pre-set College Center office hours and
focus will be to schedule collge admissions classroom presentations
with seniors immediately after Labor Day to review and assist them in
preparing for the college admissions process.
- Refer to the College calendar to view pre-set appointments that have been scheduled exclusively for seniors and their parents: College Center Calendar
wishing to visit the College Center/College Admissions Counselor during
class must have a pass from their teacher. No senior will be admitted
without a pass.
- Juniors are welcome to continue their pre-college research in the College Center in the fall during lunch period.
November, the academic school counselors will be scheduling one-on-one
junior student and parent meetings to review their high school
transcript and the pre-college admissions process.
in the spring, the guidance counselors and college admissions
counselors will meet with juniors in the spring to help facilitate the
Junior English College Project.
- In the spring, you may refer to the College Center calendar to view pre-set availability that has been scheduled exclusively for juniors and their parents beginning spring semester: College Center Calendar
Sophomores and Freshmen:
and Sophomores will continue to receive guidance and assistance from
the College Center via pre-college Naviance presentations coordinated
through their English classes (fall and spring semester).
- Be sure to surf and explore the College Center/Naviance website to explore and maximize the resources available.
- Refer to the College Center calendar to view pre-set availability and college events that have been scheduled: College Center Calendar